Friday 15 November 2013

The Sunshine Award

I was thrilled to bits to receive this award from Tammy over at My Journey blog. These November days are quite dull and dreary so it was lovely that she thought of me and added a bit of Sunshine to my days.

The Sunshine Award is an award given to those who inspire us and bring sunshine in to our lives.


Thank you, Tammy, I'm honoured to accept this award.


There are a few simple rules:-

1) Include the award logo in your blog post.

2) Link to the person who nominated you.

3) Answer 10 questions about yourself.

4) Nominate other bloggers.


Tammy's questions for me are as follows:-

1) Why do you blog?

I blog as a kind of online diary. It's fun to look back on and see what I was doing this time last year, two years ago or three years ago.


2) Why do you follow the blogs that you follow?

I follow the blogs that I do because I connected with them in some way. They may inspire me, I may have made a friendship with the blogger or we may share a common interest.


3) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I don't really look to the future or make plans. I think that may come from the fact that I suffered from a serious illness a while ago and I now realise that you never know what's around the corner, so I try to live my life for today and don't make too many plans.


4) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

As above.


5) If you could relive one day in your life...would you?

I certainly would. I'd like to relive a day when my sister was still living.


6) What thoughts pop into your head when I say the word "America"?

I think the first thing which pops into my head is Disney. Perhaps that's because I've been to America twice and both times were on trips to Disneyland, I haven't seen anything else of the country at all. Also, the friendly people. I don't know if it was just because we were in Disneyland but everyone was so chatty and welcoming, especially in shops and restaurants, you don't often get service with a smile here anymore.


7) City? Country? Mountains? Beach? Where do you prefer to live?

Well, I've only ever lived on the outskirts of a city so I don't have experience of the others, but I'd love to live in a village in the country, though a coastal village would be good too.


8) Do you have a bucket list?

No, I don't have a bucket list. I'm quite happy with my lot in life and don't really yearn to experience or achieve anything other than what I already have.


9) If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? (It's your world so your kids get to be with you).

I think the best job in the world is being a mum. It's all I ever wanted to be when I was young so I achieved that dream.


10) What is your most favourite way to relax?

My favourite way to relax is spending time with my family. It doesn't matter what we're doing, but I love it when we're all together.


Now I shall nominate some people to pass this award on to.

Mitzi from Lazy Days & Sundays at The Willows
Cheryl from My Little Piece of England
Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting
Mum from Mum's Simply Living Blog
Amy from Love Made My Home
Denise from Mrs Nesbitt's Space
Kim from Little White Sewing Shed
Karen from Chelmarsh Chunterings
Jenny from The Urban Cottage
Jan from Stand and Stare

I know that not everyone accepts awards so please don't feel under pressure to accept this one if you don't want to, I just want you to know that I enjoy reading your blog.

If you do decide to accept, here are the questions I'd like you to answer. As it's now less than six weeks to Christmas, I thought I'd give my questions a Christmas theme.

1) Do you have any Christmas traditions?
2) Do you eat turkey on Christmas day?
3) Christmas pudding, Christmas cake or mince pie, which is your favourite?
4) Where do you spend Christmas day?
5) Approximately, how many people to you buy or make presents for?
6) What is your favourite Christmas song?
7) What is your favourite Christmas film?
8) Do you have a real or fake tree?
9) What's the best and worst presents you've ever received?
10) What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?

Do pop over and visit the blogs I've nominated, I'm sure you'll find some new favourites amongst them. Thank you, once again, Tammy.

26 comments:

  1. What beautiful answers Jo, sunshine is needed in November for sure x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always thrilled when people enjoy my blog enough to nominate me for an award, it does fill my day with sunshine.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jo, you are so kind! I'm a little overcome now. I was expecting a picture of a cake or something crafty when you said to pop over to your blog. Congratulations on your nomination from Tammy, you certainly deserve it as you are very sunny! I will be glad to accept your nomination and will have a go at your questions.... Thank you again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're welcome. These awards are quite time consuming so I understand anyone who prefers not to accept one, but I do still like to nominate people and let them know that I enjoy their blog. I'm really pleased that you're happy to accept.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jo, just wanted to let you know that I have done my award post in case you wanted to go and see who I nominated! Thank you again. Amy xx

      Delete
    3. I'll pop across shortly, I'm looking forward to hearing your answers to the questions.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jo! Its always amazing to know that someone appreciates the blog you write and this is very much appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. That's exactly how I feel when I receive an award.

      Delete
  4. It's well deserved, and it's a good post. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've tried to make the questions I've asked interesting, or topical at least.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your very well deserved award Jo........great answers too, especially about being a mum..........it's definitely the best and most rewarding job in the world, and one of the hardest I think.

    Thanks for the nomination, I will ponder awhile and pen my answers to your festive questions in the next couple of weeks............sock knitting calls, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think being a mum is the most important job in the world. Sock knitting should take precedence over everything else, they're so essential in this weather.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your sunshine award :0) Being a mum is definitely the best job in the World. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you. Being a mum certainly has its rewards, though I think it's a hard job too.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your award and thank you for nominating me for the same. I am honoured.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're welcome. I look forward to hearing your answers to my questions.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your award, very well deserved.
    I liked reading your answers and I agree about being a mum.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you can learn more about blogging friends from these type of awards, and they're fun too.

      Delete
  9. Great answers! Thank you for the award - I will try to get some sensible answers on my blog shortly. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I look forward to hearing your answers.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Jo! What a nice award, you deserve it. I liked your answers and being a Mum is an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy these type of awards, especially when others are nominated too, they're a great way to find new blogs to read.

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much Jo and I'm surprised that you nominated me and am chuffed to bits. I thought my blog a little bland and boring. I'll try and answer the questions over the coming days and thanks again. Take and enjoy your Sunday. Being a Mum is probably my best achievement and also being a Nana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I've got the nana phase of my life yet to come.

      Delete
  12. I have been quite busy and full on at work and tired when I get home, so I haven't had a chance to read this until now and I have to say I love these types of things because I can get to know my blogging friends better... I agree that people in the States do tend to give great customer service, when I'm in the UK I often wonder where the customer service is!! I love that you are so complete and positive and happy with your life, you really are an inspiration to me Jo, I love following your blog and I love getting to know you better all the while...
    I hope you have a great weekend, Much love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for the award. I too enjoy these question type awards because, as you say, we can get to know other bloggers better through them.

      Delete