Wednesday 16 March 2011

Back To My Knitting

I was only saying last week that I haven't been ill since leaving work last March. There always seemed to be something going round the office and I always seemed to catch it, so it's been nice to feel healthy for a change. I think I spoke too soon though as I've had a stomach bug for the last couple of days which really knocked me off my feet. I thought I was coming down with flu at first as I was aching from head to toe but then the stomach pains started. I'm feeling much better today, though still a little weak from not eating.

I was feeling so off colour that I haven't even picked my knitting up since the weekend, though I managed to finish my socks before I took to my sick bed.

I don't particularly like this colour when knitted up. I don't mind pink but I think these are just a little too pink for my liking. In between knitting these socks I have been knitting some other things which I can't show on my blog as they are for Christmas presents, I know, I've started early but I have to if I want to get everything I've got planned finished in time for Christmas.

I've started another pair of socks, these are for my dad for Christmas. I love the colour of these, my dad wears a lot of brown so they will be perfect. I'm using Regia World Circus Color for the first time and it's lovely and soft. I can definitely see me using it again.

I think I'll get back to my knitting tonight now I'm feeling better.

6 comments:

  1. I love the socks, very funky.
    Sorry to hear you've been feeling so yucky, hope you feel tip top again soon.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest daughter is a pink freak, the pink socks would be right up her street. I think they look great. Hope your feeling a lot better after your stomach bug.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theres something nasty flying round. The socks are great - I love the ones for your dad. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no sorry to hear you've been poorly, glad you're feeling better though. I love those stripy socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, there's def a sick bug doing the rounds as both my parents have been unwell,

    Hope you're feeling better for the weekend

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete